30th July, 2021
What user data do we collect?
When you visit the website, we may collect the following data:
- Your IP address
- Your contact information and email address
- Other information such as interests and preferences
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our website
Why do we collect your data?
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To contact you to solicit your opinion in any market research we conduct.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
Borneo is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. Borneo has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
- Store information for the time you are on the website (called "Session Cookies")
- Store information to recognize your browser or device each time you visit (called "Persistent Cookies")
- Analyze your behavior on our website, so we can continue to improve
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your device to store information. Specifically, cookies are small strings of text used to store information that may concern you, your behavior on the web, your preferences, or your device. Cookies are mainly used to adapt the operation of the website to your expectations, offering a more personalized browsing experience and memorizing the choices you made previously.
There are various types of cookies. Cookies do not record or store any personal data from your device.
Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation and to facilitate your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the website.
You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some parts of the website.
Analytics may collect information through log data, such as:
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- type of browser and device;
- operating system;
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- country information
- date and time of visit;
- web page of origin (referral) and exit;
- possibly the number of clicks.
We don't use this information to identify you, but rather to understand usage trends on our website.
We use session cookies to keep track of how you browse on your visits to the website.
Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session - these are mostly used to keep track of what you do from page to page, such as with online shopping, keeping track of what is in your cart.
Persistent cookies, on the other hand, remain active longer than just one particular session. These help us recognize you.
Our full list of cookies
The full list of cookies we use on our website is below:
- Google Analytics cookie
- Hubspot tracker cookie
- Facebook Pixel
- LinkedIn InsightTag
- Hotjar analytics
When you arrive to our website, we will request your consent for cookies as follows: Through a pop-up box that requires a user to provide consent by choosing the option "I understand."
What can you do about cookies?
You can also manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for the website, as well as preferences you've set for other websites.
For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Links to Other websites
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
How to contact us
For any questions on our cookies policy, you can reach us at the following email: [email protected]